Clear all

[Sticky] Welcome to My TI-Raleigh SBDU Forums

Page 1 / 2

Neil McGowran
Admin
Topic starter
(@originalshinkicker)

Hello & welcome.

Thank you for registering and thank you for joining the forums on my TI-Raleigh SBDU page.

It's exciting, but also very daunting for me to open up my page. I'm hoping it is going to be successful and that it can become a space for like minded SBDU people to dip into and ask questions, look for information, share their own knowledge, post their bikes, look for new projects or even sell an SBDU.

It is new and it is very niche. It may not have much take up. It may be that it is simply used as another resource for selling and buying bikes. I'm happy to sit back and see how it develops.

Thanks again

Neil

SB4059 1980 TI Raleigh Team Pro Reynolds 753 Team 80 Specification
Topic Tags
18 Replies
3 Replies
peacefulpete
(@peacefulpete)

thank you for all your work, Neil. It will be interesting to see how the forum goes...

peacefulpete

1979 SB2873
Neil McGowran
Admin
(@originalshinkicker)

Thank you, even if it just brings a just a few people together or at least one person can gain some new knowledge then that will keep me happy!

Raleigh2257
(@raleigh2257)

@originalshinkicker

Neil. Your site and blogs have been a fabulous and interesting read. Thank you for your help.

This is a great resource and I hope that other Raleigh SBDU fans find the site. It deserves to be a success.

wapdawap
(@wapdawap)

I think this good idea will lead to a lot of fabulous news in the SBDU knowledge.
Thanks Neil to make it possible.

I will post my restauration projects as soon as possible.

1 Reply
Neil McGowran
Admin
(@originalshinkicker)

Thank you. Hopefully I'll try and get the gallery functionality working soon too

Paul
 Paul
(@paulsa)

Great idea. I’ve been following your blog since you first started and have always enjoyed the writing style and quality of information. This is SB7024 checking out Port Phillip Bay.  

EFFF2421 AE3C 4BC0 AD8F 304D733831DD
1 Reply
Neil McGowran
Admin
(@originalshinkicker)

Thank you. I'm not only jealous of the bike but also that view! SB7024 is a lovely bike!

SB1
 SB1
(@sb1)

Hi Neil

I wish you all the success with your forum.  I'm sure it will become a Mecca for the SBDU congregation.

Thought I'd take the Holy Grail of Usernames...

Regards,

Roger

1 Reply
Neil McGowran
Admin
(@originalshinkicker)

You certainly did. I often day dream about walking around an old garage, turning a bike upside down and seeing 'SB1' - then I wake up 🙁

BasildonSB7602
(@basildonsb7602)

Hello Neil!

It will be interesting to see if any other 64.5cm SB frames come out of the woodwork?

All the best with taking this forward and thank you.

Ben

6914AD44 9795 483F 8A95 3043195D8966
2 Replies
Neil McGowran
Admin
(@originalshinkicker)

Thank you Ben, that is the biggest I've seen the SBDU list in their documentation. You've done a lovely job restoring this. I've seen this frame in many different states of repair and utilised for different things, but now it's with you it looks like it is back to how it should be and is getting enjoyed once again. I have a soft spot for DA 7400, those STI levers and dual pivot brakes were a revolution when they were released. I remember fitting them for the first time to a Colnago I built for a customer... he took it away on a Friday night, raced it on a Sunday and covered everything with road rash when he fell off - I must have built the bike too fast for him 🙂

Lovely bike! Makes me really want to get SB6560 built.

BasildonSB7602
(@basildonsb7602)

I try to do them justice Neil. 🙂. I went for STI and dual pivot brakes as I want to ride this one as it is my size. The frame needed a bit of work and whilst doing it I changed the drive side chainstay cable stop to the correct divers helmet one which looks much better, as you will no doubt remember it had the incorrect one fitted.  I thought it was too much effort to change the   drop outs though!!!

As an aside I also have a lovely Gazelle Champion Mondial in 64cm.  Gazelle’s regular sizing goes up to 66cm for a 6’6” rider, but they would build up to 70cm! 😳

Page 1 / 2
Share:
%d bloggers like this: