I’m really happy with how this rebuild has turned out! I didn’t want to carry out a full nut and bolt strip down, clean and polish; I just wanted to get this bike back on the road again and make it 100% mechanically perfect!
It’s been a couple of weeks since I did the strip down on this frame, but just before I started the full re-build, I re-fitted the headset for my previous post so that I could get it into the studio for some photographs.
I always expect old bikes to be problematic when I come to take them apart. They are often suffering from years of neglect and lack of maintenance. This one however, was easy!
There I was, enjoying a quiet Sunday evening watching TV and browsing eBay, when a bike with an SB serial number popped up. The frame number was SB7660 and it was an Ilkeston Randonneur.